Monday, November 03, 2014
Sunday, November 02, 2014
I am loving that today I was woken up by my son at 6am, like always, and realized it was only 5am and I could tell him without it being a lie that it was actually 5am and clearly not a civilized time to be getting up. Then after 2 K-cups and half of a Philadelphia Magazine digested, I was actually awake enough to head to a hot yoga class. Normally a 7:30am class is not a possibility because I am a monster in the morning, but since it was really feeling like the 8:30 I used to know, it was totally do-able! Boom - great yoga class in a new spot I had never tried (Empowered Yoga in Glenn Mills, PA). While I don't like HOT yoga (hot yoga + me=puke), I did like how clean the place was, and how they were all anal about where you put your mat and when/where you take off your shoes, etc.....ironically not Zen, which I appreciate. Next stop - Whole Foods, which I could literally eat every meal from if I had a corporate sponsor or something.
OK here comes the best part...I got to NAP!!! Yep #joy. Well rested and ready for the next indulgence, I headed with my hormonal pre-teen lady to one of my favorite places on the planet: Terrain If there is a Heaven for me it is there. So for you-three happy hints - order a pie from them for Thanksgiving, Get a Honey Tea au lait in the Cafe and if you lunch there, never miss the Mushroom Soup. Being so close to the Mushroom capital of the World, I have tried it all and this here soup is the bestest. Best time of year to go there is now when the are just starting with their holiday ridiculousness. Get after it.
OK some other things I am loving right now:
- Quirky I am just thrilled with the whole idea that the power is truly shifting for reals. From Etsy to ebay, Kickstarter to Indigogo....Power to the people! #ChuckD
- OpenSky OK so this deal based shopping site is likely not much different than the zillions of others you likely subscribe to, but for whatever reason this one sticks with me. I have ordered at least 5 times and have loved and used each item happily
- While searching online for some original art for my office, I came across this "Sunny Leo' and fell in love (see opening pic). Cut to me like 3 hours later and I am still sniffing around the site. Check it out: society6 And while I'm on art, check out this really great Art Blog: Vandalog
- Again, likely old news to you forward thinkers, but aside from Amazon Pantry, I am finding FreshDirect pretty freakin convenient. Pssst - Don't tell them, but I would pay more if they charged it. And if you use Fresh Direct (some cannot, I get it,..) then install Pop It as a browser extension...then you can just drop whole recipe ingredients in your cart! (she says as if she ever actually cooked something that calls for a recipe...)
- Foo Fighters Sonic Highways Ever the musical genius, DaveGrohl leads the way to a thoughtful album release so clearly not born in self serving marketing. Its refreshing to hear great music presented such a way that its storytelling, history lesson and entertainment all rolled into one. As always #BravoFoo.
OK....so this post is a happy one...cool stuff that makes me happy. And they say happiness can be contagious, and that the cool girl no longer props herself up by pushing others down but by influencing, leading, being a good friend, and sharing a good thing. So these are a few of my good things.