Friday, April 01, 2011

Why I like Friday, Friday, Friday

No, I'm not referring to the curiously popular Rebecca Black song. For some reason I woke up today completely unmotivated to do anything that resembles work.  While I would always rather sleep in, spend time with the family and swan about my day very casually, tackling today is proving particularly painful.   In order to stomach another day at work I decided to skip the regular lunch time workout and order my FAVORITE lunch (seen here) - tuna sandwich and sweet potato fries.   I'm also getting through the grind by daydreaming about about this day only one week ago, which was decidedly better.

Friday March 25th I woke up with a spring in my step.  I knew it would be a great day.  Not only was I only working a half day, but shortly after work I was joining my girlies for a short drive to Atlantic City to see Janet Jackson at the Borgata. For someone who now spends weekends schlepping kids around to moonbounce parties and swimming lessons, this was a real treat.  In this venue Jackson shined....I felt like she was my girl.  I bonded with everyone around me, singing along to back-in-the-day-hits, doing as much as of the choreography from her videos as we could manage in our seats.

But the real surprise came after the concert (spoiler alert, no we did not meet Janet).  Our Janet ticket stubs got us into mur.mur (the club) where Samantha Ronson was set to spin.  Four great things happened: 1) Janet's backup dancers showed up and we met them, 2) Samantha Ronson rocked it and allowed us a post party pic 3) Joe Fatone showed up and invited us into his VIP section (my fuzzy and lame picture of him here via a smudged blackberry at 3am) and 4) I managed to dance for 4 hours straight.

So cheers to Fridays.....raise your glass to those with only sweet potato fries to look forward to and those where you're a rock star for the night.

No comments: