Friday, February 01, 2008

Lets not talk politics at dinner.....

Or over drinks for that matter. I do subscribe to this social rule. In fact, I learned the hard way that you just shouldn't talk politics in general with friends. I was reading one of my trade pubs this week and came across a great marketing program that Nintendo did in marketing the Wii....they did a press event with mom bloggers. (sadly I was not invited). Anyway, so I checked out the blog of the trendy mom blogger who hosted the Wii event - I was really thrown for a loop at how much she was blogging about her support for a certain presidential candidate. Isnt that a bit risky for a blogger to do- potentially alienating your own fanbase? So rest assured I am not going to tell you who to vote for on this blog, but I am going to seriously encourage you to educate yourself on the platforms on which each of our presidential candidates stand. There are a ton of sites out there that can help. I'm a big fan of
MTV's Choose or Lose. If you MUST talk this unpleasantness at your next social gathering, the least you can do is be informed.

No comments: