Friday, May 06, 2011

What the Stuff?

Do I dare do a product review?  I think I can I think I can.  I don't even leave comments or reviews on websites like Amazon or Zappos, but me thinks I'm more comfy in my own space.  Also, I have to say something about these products because I really am a huge fan.

Just in time for wrinkles, dark patches and sunspots....I found the perfect skincare combination and it's ALL affordable and widely available.  First....face wash.  I found this at Target and gave it a whirl because it boasted 'dermatologist recommended' in a very understated, matter of fact way. It's  Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash 6 fl oz (180 ml)  My dermatologist told me ages ago that face wash is gentle enough for your skin if it doesn't sting your eyes.  This is the first face wash I have found that really feels like it cleans, gets every last drop of my makeup off, and doesn't sting my eyes.  Plus I love the sweet, barely there scent.

Second: PRIMER. Specifically L'Oreal Paris Studio Secrets Professional Color Correcting Anti-Redness Primer, 0.68-Fluid Ounce. This stuff is the bomb.  Now that I am starting to see laugh lines and other offensive age revealers, primer is just what the doctor ordered. It "fills in" the ridges, so your makeup and powder doesnt draw even more attention to your lines.  But this primer is particularly great because a) it's cheap!  Most primers a la Sephora are $40 or more.  and b) it completely evens skin tone.  Apply moisturizer, then this great primer, followed by foundation and powder.

Finally, I give you  Kiehl's 'Midnight Recovery' Concentrate.Kiehl's 'Midnight Recovery' Concentrate
I am a big fan of Kiehl's and its something I splurge on.  The smell alone lures you in with this serum.  I know it's important for your skin to "recover" from your day, and most serums are difficult to justify, price wise.  While this isn't what I'd categorize as "cheap, " one drop goes a long way.  Grab a sample of it next time you visit a Kiehl's boutique or a Nordstrom.

No comments: